Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, IOI 2020 was hosted by Singapore online. Visit the official website to learn more.
Just finished IOI 2020 was held online
In this page, we present several committees which are part of the International Olympiad of Informatics - including a basic description, the members of each committee, and contact information.
The International Committee (IC) is charged with overseeing the organization of the IOI.
The tasks of the IC are defined in the IOI Regulations, Statutes, Section S4.1. The main duty of the IC is to supervise the continuity of the IOI by
- finding future host countries (allowing ample time for negotiations),
- examining the organization of future IOIs (future hosts must regularly report to the IC on their progress),
- solving problems encountered during the organization of an IOI (mostly of a political nature),
- evaluating past IOIs,
- adjusting the format and content of the IOI to ensure that the IOI goals will be met in the future.
The current members of the IC are:
- 2017 - 2021, Greg Lee, Taiwan, leeg_at_csie.ntnu.edu.tw (IOI President, elected at IOI'17, IC member 2010 - 2015, Host IOI'14)
- 2017 - 2021, Araz Yusubov, Azerbaijan, ayusubov_at_ada.edu.az (host IOI'19)
- 2019 - 2021, Steven Halim, Singapore, stevenha_at_comp.nus.edu.sg (host IOI'20, filling a vacant elected 2019 - 2023 slot until the next election)
- 2016 - 2022, Sun Teck Tan, Singapore, tanst_at_comp.nus.edu.sg (host IOI'21)
- 2018 - 2020, Eslam Wageed, Egypt, eslamwageed_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'13, reelected at IOI'16, host of postponed IOI'21)
- 2018 - 2023, Yugo Kartono Isal, Indonesia, yugo_at_cs.ui.ac.id (host IOI'22)
- 2019 - 2024, Ágnes Erdősné Németh, Hungary, erdosne_at_njszt.hu (host IOI'23)
- 2017 - 2021, Valentina Dagiene, Lithuania, valentina.dagiene_at_mii.vu.lt (2006 - 2015, elected at IOI'06, re-elected at IOI'09, IOI'12, and IOI'17)
- 2018 - 2022, Benjamin Burton, Australia, bab_at_maths.uq.edu.au (2014 - 2017, elected at IOI'14, re-elected at IOI'18, Secretary)
- 2018 - 2022, Eduard Kalinicenko, Latvia, eduardische_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'18)
- 2019 - 2023, Mile Jovanov, Macedonia, mile.jovanov_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'15, re-elected at IOI'18, re-elected at IOI'19)
In 2010 the IC has appointed Eljakim Schrijvers, The Netherlands, as Treasurer. This is a non-voting position outlined in more detail on the Organization page.
You can view the minutes from the latest IC meetings by following this link.
You might also be interested in the Former members of the IC.
The IOI Scientific Committee (ISC) is charged with overseeing the competitions at the IOI. The IOI Scientific Committee (ISC) was established at the GA Meeting on October 14, 1999, at IOI'99 in Antalya-Belek, Turkey.
The current members of the ISC are:
- 2016 - 2020, Farid Ahmadov, Azerbaijan, faridar_at_gmail.com (host IOI'19)
- 2017 - 2022, Gan Wei Liang, Singapore, ganweiliang_at_gmail.com (host IOI'20 & IOI'21)
- 2018 - 2020, Mohamed AbdElWahab, Egypt, wahab_at_writeme.com (host of postponed IOI'21)
- 2019 - 2023, Jonathan Irvin Gunawan, Indonesia, jonathanirvingunawan_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'17, host IOI'22, non-voting)
- 2019 - 2021, Jakub Łącki, Poland, (chair), j.lacki_at_mimuw.edu.pl (elected at IOI'13, re-elected at IOI'16, re-elected at IOI'19)
- 2018 - 2021, Ali Sharifi Zarchi, Iran, asharifi_at_sharif.ir (elected at IOI'12, host IOI'17, re-elected at IOI'18)
- 2019 - 2023, Mikhail Tikhomirov, Russia, endagorion_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'19)
The International Technical Committee (ITC), a long-term standing committee, works with each Host Country to ensure continuity and quality control of the IOI competition environment (hardware and software).
The ITC oversees the technical side of the contest: program development tools, evaluation software, hardware, networks and their security. It aims to monitor the advances in these fields, collect information relevant to the competition and develop new software if the available one is insufficient. It provides advice in technical matters to the IOI Scientific Committee and to the organizers of the present and future IOI's.
The current members of the ITC are:
- 2016 - 2020, Jamaladdin Hasanov, Azerbaijan (host IOI'19)
- 2017 - 2022, Ranald Lam, Singapore (host IOI'20 & IOI'21)
- 2018 - 2020, Wael Ewida, Egypt (host of postponed IOI'21)
- 2019 - 2023, Ashar Fuadi, Indonesia (host IOI'22)
- 2019 - 2023, Martin Mareš, Czech Republic, (chair), mj_at_ucw.cz (elected at IOI'16, re-elected at IOI'19)
- 2017 - 2021, William Di Luigi, Italy (elected at IOI'17)
- 2018 - 2022, Fredrik Niemelä, Sweden (2014 - 2016, ITWG member, elected at IOI'18)