IOI 2018 took place in Japan in September, 2018. More info is available on the official website.
Just happened IOI 2018 in Japan
In this page, we present several committees which are part of the International Olympiad of Informatics - including a basic description, the members of each committee, and contact information.
The International Committee (IC) is charged with overseeing the organization of the IOI.
The tasks of the IC are defined in the IOI Regulations, Statutes, Section S4.1. The main duty of the IC is to supervise the continuity of the IOI by
- finding future host countries (allowing ample time for negotiations),
- examining the organization of future IOIs (future hosts must regularly report to the IC on their progress),
- solving problems encountered during the organization of an IOI (mostly of a political nature),
- evaluating past IOIs,
- adjusting the format and content of the IOI to ensure that the IOI goals will be met in the future.
The current twelve members of the IC are:
- 2017 - 2020, Greg Lee, Taiwan, leeg_at_csie.ntnu.edu.tw (IOI President, elected at IOI'17, IC member 2010 - 2015, Host IOI'14)
- 2018 - 2021, Margot Phillipps, New Zealand, secretary.ioinformatics_at_gmail.com (Secretary, non-voting, appointed at IOI'18, Executive Director 2014-2016)
- 2014 - 2019, Seiichi Tani, Japan, tani.seiichi_at_nihon-u.ac.jp (host IOI'18)
- 2017 - 2020, Araz Yusubov, Azerbaijan, ayusubov_at_ada.edu.az (host IOI'19)
- 2016 - 2021, Sun Teck Tan, Singapore, tanst_at_comp.nus.edu.sg (host IOI'20)
- 2018 - 2022, Eslam Wageed, Egypt, eslamwageed_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'13, reelected at IOI'16, host IOI'21)
- 2018 - 2023, Yugo Kartono Isal, Indonesia, yugo_at_cs.ui.ac.id (host IOI'22)
- 2016 - 2019, Mathias Hiron, France, mathias.hiron_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'16)
- 2018 - 2019, Mile Jovanov, Macedonia, mile.jovanov_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'15, re-elected at IOI'18)
- 2017 - 2020, Valentina Dagiene, Lithuania, valentina.dagiene_at_mii.vu.lt (2006 - 2015, elected at IOI'06, re-elected at IOI'09, IOI'12, and IOI'17)
- 2018 - 2021, Benjamin Burton, Australia, bab_at_maths.uq.edu.au (2014 - 2017, elected at IOI'14, re-elected at IOI'18)
- 2018 - 2021, Eduard Kalinicenko, Latvia, eduardische_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'18)
The IOI Scientific Committee (ISC) is charged with overseeing the competitions at the IOI. The IOI Scientific Committee (ISC) was established at the GA Meeting on October 14, 1999, at IOI'99 in Antalya-Belek, Turkey.
The current members of the ISC are:
- 2015 - 2019, Tetsushi Ito, Japan, tetsushi.ito_at_nifty.com (host IOI'18)
- 2016 - 2020, Farid Ahmadov, Azerbaijan, faridar_at_gmail.com (host IOI'19)
- 2017 - 2021, Gan Wei Liang, Singapore, ganweiliang_at_gmail.com (host IOI'20)
- 2018 - 2022, Mohamed AbdElWahab, Egypt, wahab_at_writeme.com (host IOI'21, non-voting)
- 2016 - 2019, Jakub Łącki, Poland, j.lacki_at_mimuw.edu.pl (elected at IOI'13, re-elected at IOI'16)
- 2017 - 2020, Jonathan Irvin Gunawan, Indonesia, jonathanirvingunawan_at_gmail.com (elected at IOI'17)
- 2018 - 2021, Ali Sharifi Zarchi, Iran, asharifi_at_sharif.ir (elected at IOI'12, host IOI'17, re-elected at IOI'18)
The International Technical Committee (ITC), a long-term standing committee, works with each Host Country to ensure continuity and quality control of the IOI competition environment (hardware and software).
The ITC oversees the technical side of the contest: program development tools, evaluation software, hardware, networks and their security. It aims to monitor the advances in these fields, collect information relevant to the competition and develop new software if the available one is insufficient. It provides advice in technical matters to the IOI Scientific Committee and to the organizers of the present and future IOI's.
The current members of the ITC are:
- 2018 - 2019, Rie Shigetomi Yamaguchi, Japan (host IOI'18)
- 2016 - 2020, Jamaladdin Hasanov, Azerbaijan (host IOI'19)
- 2017 - 2021, Ranald Lao, Singapore (host IOI'20)
- 2018 - 2022, Wael Ewida, Egypt (host IOI'21)
- 2016 - 2019, Martin Mareš, Czech Republic, (chair), mj_at_ucw.cz (elected at IOI'16)
- 2017 - 2020, William Di Luigi, Italy (elected at IOI'17)
- 2018 - 2021, Fredrik Niemelä, Sweden (2014 - 2016, ITWG member, elected at IOI'18)