IOI 2019 will take place in Azerbaijan, from August 4-11, 2019. More info is available on the official website.
Coming soon IOI 2019 in Azerbaijan
Code of Conduct
IOI is a diverse community that provides a unique opportunity for students to meet people with different nationalities, cultures, ethnicities, religions, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual orientations. The IOI community embraces diversity and promotes mutual respect and understanding.
IOI is committed to accepting all participants for who they are, and providing an environment where everyone with a passion for informatics is comfortable and included. To achieve this goal, we require your participation by abiding by this code of conduct during all IOI events, and by encouraging your teammates to do the same.
We want everyone to have a good time at the IOI. What is accepted or tolerated in your culture may be different from the other teams at the IOI. Be respectful of possible differences both with your actions and your words. If you see that someone is uncomfortable with what you are saying or doing, stop and determine if what you are doing is appropriate and if it can be done in a different, more respectful way.
We treat everyone as equal human beings. Keep your eyes open for people who may be excluded or objectified due to their gender, nationality, culture, religion, belief, disability, or sexual orientation, and make an effort to include them.
Do, for example:
- Enjoy being around new people
- Start conversations with members from other teams
- Be respectful of diversity
- Adjust your behavior if you are making someone feel uncomfortable
Do not, for example:
- Make offensive verbal or written jokes, remarks or gestures related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity or religion, including through online means such as Whatsapp groups or Wi-Fi hotspot names
- Harass or give anyone unwanted attention, for example by following them, calling out their name or photographing them when this is unwanted
- Touch anyone who does not want it
- Exclude anyone because of who they are, for example their gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, or religion
- Show violent or sexual images where they can be seen or heard by others who may not wish to see or hear them
What does this mean for me?
We will not tolerate intimidation, harassment, or any abusive, discriminatory or derogatory behavior at the IOI. The consequence of such behaviour, depending on its severity, could range from a simple warning to disqualification from the IOI.
If you experience or observe any of these behaviors, we ask that you contact a member of the IOI International Committee (IC). If you prefer, your team leader or your guide can contact the IC on your behalf. All complaints made to the IC will be taken seriously, and the reporter(s) will remain confidential.
This Code of Conduct is also available in a printer-friendly format:
IOI Code of Conduct
If you have any questions about this Code of Conduct, please contact the IC at ioi-ic_at_lists.ioinformatics.org.